What is obesity?
Obesity which in general is excess of fat accumulation that can even lead to a risk to health. In general, the Body Mass Index of a person if exceeds over 30 then that person is considered a the obesity include The majority say it’s obese. But the BMI isn’t everything, it has some limitations as a metric. This issue is growing so fast that over 4 million people are dying every year as result, the lt of being obese according to the global burden of disease. Today more people are obese than underweight. It can even lead to serious chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, heart disease, the obesity include the majority say it is causing abound some cancers. People usually face difficulty in avoiding obesity as it results from a combination of inherited factors and exercise choices.
For children under 5 years of age, obesity is weight-for-height greater than 3 standard deviations above the WHO Child Growth Standards median.
In Africa, the number of obese children has increased more than 24% in 2019. And almost half of the children under 5 suffering from obesity include the majority say it causes lived in Asia.
Also Read | 8 Best Health Benefits Of Jamun | Precautions
Symptoms of obesity include:
- shortness of breath,
- skin problems (like from moisture accumulating in the folds of skin),
- psychological impact (like depression, shame),
- trouble sleeping,
- eating disorders
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- high level of sugar
Some rare symptoms such as
- POMC deficiency (includes extreme hunger)
- Leptin receptor (LEPR) deficiency
It occurs when your body takes more calories. The majority of people say that it’s simply caused due to overeating. Now overheating may be caused by hormonal imbalance or stress or it can be anything. Although doctors said that obesity takes place due to genetic environment, behavioral and social factors.
Now, what actually environmental and behavioral factors mean causes burgers, it’s nothing but consuming excess calories and doing no exercise which may lead to many health problems and also obesity. We all know that food and drinks contain energy which is good for your health but taking them for extra energy in resulting will get stored as body fat. And that’s the reason for weight gain.
Insulin resistance is one of the most common causes. When you develop insulin resistance you cant burn fat easily, next is processed sugar- sugar does more harm than good it increases the level of fat in your body.
How to overcome?
1. Avoiding junk foods and meals that are loaded with kilojoules–
This is the one most important point that a person should never neglect. Everyone loves eating pizza, burgers and so many other junk items which then heavy intake causes a reason for obesity. And children nowadays cant avoid having this. As it is high in calories from sugar and fat, with little dietary fiber, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. One pound of fat is about 3,500 calories. To lose 1 pound of fat in a week, you have to eat 3,500 fewer calories. That divides out to 500 fewer calories a day. One thing you can do is remove regular soda from your diet. This alone cuts over 350 calories per day. You also can burn off 3,500 more calories a week. You can do this by exercising or being more active. Most people do a combination of the two. If you do this for 7 days, you can lose 1 pound of fat in a week.
2. Avoid drinking alcohol as it doesn’t include any nutritional benefits-
Compared with those who drank at least five times a week, obesity risk was 1·21 (95 % CI 1·15, 1·27) in those who drank one to four times a week, 1·53 (95 % CI 1·43, 1·62) in those who drank one to two times a month, 1·61 (95 % CI 1·52, 1·71) in those who drank less than once every couple of months, 1·34 (95 % CI 1·23, 1·47) in those who were former drinkers, and 1·03 (95 % CI 0·95, 1·11) in those who were never drinkers.
Drinking volume has a positive confounding effect on the association between drinking frequency and obesity, which may help explain the conflicting findings of other studies.
3. Increasing physical activity for at least 30 min every day
- A person must do a regular physical activity not only to get it is physically fit but also it’s good for mental fitness. There are many such activities which will make you fit. Physical activity is critically important for persons going from obesity. If a person isn’t physically fit then there will be a risk of having diseases like cardiovascular disease. Now in this lockdown, we aren’t going outside, taking this as an opportunity we must do some exercises at home. Weight gain during adulthood can increase the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other chronic conditions. Exercise can help promote weight loss, but it seems to work best when combined with a lower-calorie eating plan. If people don’t curb their calories, however, they likely need to exercise for long periods of time or at a high intensity to lose weight. Weight lifting, push-ups, and other muscle-strengthening activities build muscle mass, increasing the energy that the body burns throughout the day even when it’s at rest-and making it easier to control weight.
Few exercises are as follows:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park further away or walk to your destination instead of driving.
- Do more household chores, such as dusting, vacuuming, or weeding.
- Go for a walk or run with your dog and/or kids.
- Exercise at home while watching TV.
- Be active on your vacations. Try going for a hike or bike ride.
- Buy a pedometer or activity tracker. This measures how many steps you take each day. Try to increase your daily number of steps over time. (You can buy pedometers at sporting goods stores.) Some experts recommend walking at least 10,000 steps a day.
4. Drink a lot of water–
Water is good for health and it’s proven that intake of water will be helpful for weight loss. So, it’s a very good practice if you drink at least 3 bottles each day. The hotter the workout, the sweatier we tend to get, so it’s extra important to replace those lost fluids. Drinking enough water reduces the burden on the kidneys and liver by helping to flush waste products. Extra H2O helps us eat less by making us feel full, and it may also boost metabolism.
5. Consulting a doctor:
Many People suffering from obesity feel insecure about getting outside. They start hating their body and get an uttapam about obesity include the get uncomfortable a consulting a doctor. Well, it is an uttapam must consult a doctor because sometimes a few diets may not suit you. Working with your doctor ahead of time can help you plan the exercise program that’s right for you. If you’re unsure of your health status, have multiple health problems speak with your doctor before starting a new exercise program.
6. Develop a healthy diet chart :
Here are some best diets for obese patients:
- Green vegetables such as tomatoes, cabbage, spinach, mushrooms, uttapam, etc.
- One can prefer sambhar idli in their breakfast or vegetable uttapam
- For lunch: rajma curry, brown rice, salad, veg curry
- For dinner: masala baked tofu, vegetable curry Not all the drinks are unhealthy, here below few listed drinks that are healthy:Green tea
- Lemon water
- Blueberry juice
- Aloe vera juice
- Coconut water
- Watermelon juice
- Turmeric tea
Apart from all this, an obese patient should take walnuts, fruits, salads, some fresh healthy smoothies. In short, a healthy diet must include carbohydrates, proteins, get about feel intensity total fats and with less oil, ghee.